Behavior Analysis for Effective Teaching / Dr. Julie Vargas (Book sections On SAFMEDS)
Ogden Lindsley and the Historical Development of Precision Teaching (Potts et al, 1993)
SAFMEDS on the Web (Eshleman / edited by Regina Claypool-Frey)
Precision Teaching Application / SAFMEDS
Guidelines for doing SAFMEDS timings (Graf and Auman, 2005)
- Primary rule, keep answers short, abbreviate if necessary. Short answers permit high speed emphasize salient features of each definition (p. 21)
• Keep track of terms number correct and number incorrect
• Graph results on a standard celeration chart --or a linear graph (# correct and incorrect)
• If you don't know a term/definition, PASS. The idea is to keep up your pacing.
• For an extra challenge, practice term side and then practice definition side. Keep separate these results. Graph on 2 charts/graphs (# correct and incorrect - Term side and # correct and incorrect - Definition side).